IYCS GLOBAL CAMPAIGN TRAINING SESSION, MADRID 2016
As part of Action to meet the objective of the IYCS Global Campaign 2015 – 2019 “Protecting our Common Home” the IYCS International Secretariat in collaboration with the support of her partners has organized a Global Training Session (GTS) for the International Bodies of IYCS (I.e the International Committee, the International Advisory Board (IAB), the International Commissions and some selected National Movements) to have a detailed look at the different aspects of the IYCS Global Campaign.
Part of the objective of the training was to;
- strengthen the formation and enable action of the leaders of YCS Movements around the world in order to achieve our global campaign objectives which are:
- achieve the reduction of Global Warming by 2 degrees until January 2019
- grant access to holistic quality education for life worldwide
- transform conflicts and achieve peace building by young students' contributions.
2. help Participants understand Laudato Si and its relevance to take action against Climate Change and implement sustainable peace;
3. promote the communion and sharing of the Movements in order to improve our capacity as spaces of integral dialogue.
The session which hosted by the IYCS Spanish Movement (Jeventud Estudiantil Catolica de España) was held in Madrid from the 6th – 15th of August 2016 and had in attendance, participates from Africa, Europe, Middle East, and Latin America.
The Session was formally started with an opening Mass celebrated by the Bishop Chairman of Catholic Action of Spain, His Excellency, Msgr. Carlos Escribano and ended with a closing Mass celebrated by the Archbishop of Madrid, Msgr. Carlos Osoro
Part of the outcome include some campaign videos which you can find on our YouTube IYCSJECI or our website http://iycs-jeci.org/iycs-global-campaign-2015-2019/
Read more from the extract of the Spanish Episcopal Conference Magazine; Ecclesia